this series and post contains affiliate links . It will also feature several links and other awesome blogs to which I will give credit for their great job . They have helped me a lot ..ideas , time saving and creativity.
BOOKS TO READ
To save money , local library is a good option. You can also use whatever books you may have in your home library to supplement with the lesson.
From the library ...
- Ss by Kelly Doudna
- Sam Has a Sundae on Sunday by Scheunemann
- Sharon and Shawn by Anders Hanson
- Snail's Goodnight by Paul/ Litzinger
- Sid and Sam by Buck/Karas
- Season Song by Barack/ Courtin
- Sally Jean, The Bicycle Queen by Cari Best
- Slowly, Slowly said the Sloth by Eric Carle
From our book shelves..
- Skating on Thin Ice ( First Start Easy Reader) by Louise Everett
- The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
- You can Pilot a Submarine by Golden Books
- Strawberry Shortcake School Friends - Level 2 by Penguin readers
- Sweetpea Beauty and the Princess Party - Veggietales by Laura Neutzling
- Sleeping Beauty - Pop up Book
Download the letter Ss tracing sheets in D 'Nealian and Standard form here : First School Worksheets
Download the Alphabet Lapbook here : Homeschool Share
We did a snowman size sorting activity , Let your kid sort the cards from smallest to biggest or vice versa, download it here : Ss is for Snowman
Practice the phonetic sound of the letter, We used this sandpaper letter so she can get the "feel" on the formation of the letter S.
Get the DIY Sandpaper Letter here :
We made painted a snowman and paste them in a popsicle stick. Kids..they love to paint!
To go with the Ss is for snowman theme for that day , we played :
We practice number sequence too, just simply draw socks using a cardstock , print or write numbers on it. Use a string or thin ribbon and clothespin. Ask your child to "hang" the socks in order. They just don't practice their numbers but also their fine motor skills
Just for fun, the girls played on their homemade play sand box . Click here to make one :
See here :
Never miss a Teach Them Young series, Sign up for a free newsletter!
Lots of love,
- FOLLOW ME Via:
Simple Organization for the School Year
Skills Your Preschooler Needs to Know Before Going to School
How to Teach Your Kids to Get Dressed by Themselves
Letter of the Week for Preschool