Caramel Apple Muffins - A Bountiful Love

Caramel Apple Muffins

  My husband is not a heavy breakfast kinda person. Our girls and I love our oatmeal with fruits and muffins in the morning. On my batch cooking day, I prepare several muffin mixes and bake a batch of muffins that will last us for at least 2 to 3 days. This meal prepping had saved me so much time in the kitchen and also money. It is cost-effective and you can always tweak your recipe to allow healthy substitution. Speaking of substitution, I have shared healthy and allergy-free substitutions. It came with a printable so you can refer to it as often as you need to,

 If you want to save money in your grocery budget, you can check out my post on 8 Make Ahead Homemade Muffin Mixes.  They are all money-saving and simple recipes to make.  If you want to collect more muffin recipes, follow my MUFFINS PINTEREST BOARDS. (I told you, I love muffins..a whole separate board just for muffins!)




Ingredients:

Muffins:

1 3/4 cups chopped, peeled apples
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 chopped, peeled apples
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2  tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda


Streusel :

1 tablespoon cold butter
1/3  cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Homemade Caramel Sauce



Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 deg. Line your muffin tins,  with paper liners. Make the streusel topping first,  in a separate small bowl, combine all the streusel topping ingredients. With your fingers, combine until it looks like a crumbly mixture.


Prepare all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda)


In a separate bowl , combine the oil, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract.


Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until incorporated. Fold in the apples.


Spoon the batter into the muffin cup, divide the streusel topping among the muffins.


Bake for 15 minutes (at 400 degrees)  and then dial down the temperature to 350˚ F. Bake for an additional 12 minutes. Do the toothpick trick to know when it's done (poke the muffin, if the toothpick comes out clean .. it's done ).  Let the muffins cool for a little bit, for about 10 minutes, and drizzle with the Homemade Caramel Sauce.



Lovely to look at!


Are you convince yet? they are so good! 


Awesome with your morning cup of coffee.






Don't forget to pin and share!




RECIPES TO TRY:

Chocolate Pancakes

Easy-Homemade-Pancake-Recipe


Banana-Muffins


Carrot-Muffins


20 comments

  1. Oh my goodness these look delicious! And with the caramel drizzle....yum!
    Stopping by from the Shine Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany..Glad to see you here..thank you very much for stopping by. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! These look absolutely fantastic! I love caramel apples, so these muffins are calling my name!

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer.. they are awesome! thank you for stopping by..hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I am going to make these ASAP! I need to make them without gluten and dairy for my daughter, so I need to find a substitute for the buttermilk. Hmmmm...... I WILL figure it out, though! Thanks for sharing at the Saturday Soiree Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah... Glad to see you here. Thank you for stopping by..appreciate it ♥ God bless..

      Delete
  4. They look really as sizing ! I love muffins for breakfast, I'll definitely.try them :) thank you for charming them with us on Pin Your Friday Favourite !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! love muffins for breakfast..with coffee..mmm good! thank you for stopping by..Have great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Hi Khit, Those muffins look so amazing! My daughter has an apple tree I need to grab some apples from her when I visit her and make this. Thanks for sharing at this week's party @DearCreatives Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe! apple tree..my dream! your welcome and thank you so much for stopping by.. God bless..

      Delete
  6. YUM! My muffin-baking daughter will enjoy whipping up a batch of these! Pinning this recipe and featuring your post on tomorrow's Hearts for Home Blog Hop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda :) that's awesome..Have a great weekend! Appreciate it a lot ♥

      Delete
  7. Giving your recipe a shout out! Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love muffins! They're such a great quick breakfast OR dessert! These look amazing, can't wait to try them. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. where does the egg go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello and thank you for pointing that out to me. I already edited it.. it is with the wet ingredients part. Appreciate your comment. hope you have a good day!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes! I'll be featuring this on my site Pebbles & Piggytails at next week's link party! Pinning it too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look absolutely mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMY! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links last Friday! I loved this post so much that I chose it to be featured for this weeks party. :) Go grab a button you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and know that all of your comments are appreciated !