Sticky Chicken - A Bountiful Love

Sticky Chicken

When chicken leg quarters are on sale, I do stock up. They are very handy and inexpensive, most especially when a recipe calls for chicken breast and it is not on sale. You can make your own homemade chicken broth. Shred the meat and you can use it in a wide variety of recipes. Use it in taco recipes, soups, and stews!

This is a definite finger-licking yumminess! The thick sauce is just so irresistible. We love to scrape the sauce and mix it with our rice. They are so tasty, you'll feel bad to waste that away. It is not just great on rice, you can also serve this with yakisoba noodles or udon noodles!



Ingredients:

2-3 lbs of Chicken leg quarters or thighs
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup water
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp grated ginger

Coating:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup tomato paste

Directions:

Using your slow cooker, combine the  1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Cook on low for 4 hrs.



Make the coating by mixing 1/4 brown sugar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and tomato paste. Whisk until all the ingredients are well incorporated.


When chicken is done, transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet, and brush with the prepared coating. Brush all the sides. Pour extra coating if you like. Broil for about 7 minutes.



Do you know what's good with it? Rice ...goodness! Another winning recipe for my family.




Don't forget to share on Pinterest!



 Other Recipes to Try!













9 comments

  1. This looks delicious Khit! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khit, I am going to try to make this as it looks delicious. I will replace brown sugar with coconut palm sugar, but I will keep the rest of the ingredients the same. I think my kids and husband will go crazy for this dish. Me too, of course :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMM! Thanks so much for sharing on Merry Monday! -Treana @ http://houseofbennetts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! It looks delicious and easy to make too! I know my family would like it. I found you on Tickle my Tastebuds Tuesday. If you have a free moment Thursday night, we'd love to have you link up with us at Foodie Fridays! We go live on Thursday night at 9 pm EST. I bet our readers would love this recipe! Pinning this one now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm that looks good. It makes me crave my pineapple rice. Thanks for sharing - Hello from The Yuck Stops Here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! Stumbled and pinned. Thanks for stopping by The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party this week, see you next week! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up to Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday last week. As one of the co-hosts, I will be featuring your recipe on Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday this week on my site, Detours in Life. Congrats! Please stop by and grab a feature button when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks so good. I can't wait to try this! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making me hungry - and it's way too early for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and know that all of your comments are appreciated !